About the Book:
Originals is about how to champion new ideas and fight groupthink. Using surprising studies and stories spanning business, politics, sports, and entertainment, Grant explores how to recognize a good idea, speak up without getting silenced, build a coalition of allies, choose the right time to act, and manage fear and doubt; how parents and teachers can nurture originality in children; and how leaders can build cultures that welcome dissent.
- An entrepreneur who pitches his start-ups by highlighting the reasons not to invest.
- A woman at Apple who challenged Steve Jobs from three levels below.
- An analyst who overturned the rule of secrecy at the CIA.
- A billionaire financial wizard who fires employees for failing to criticize him.
- A TV executive who didn’t even work in comedy but saved Seinfeld from the cutting-room floor.